Our client is an award-winning provider of digital solutions, they are growing their Data & AI team and have an exciting opportunity for a Cloud Data Engineer to join their team to work alongside our client’s architects and consultants to deliver high quality data solutions. This role will see you responsible for planning, designing and delivering elegant solutions built upon (primarily) the Azure Data & Analytics platform.
Your responsibilities will include – Translating business requirements into data products on the Microsoft Data & Analytics platform, providing technical leadership for implementation teams and undertake the responsibility for the technical readiness, scalability and quality assurance of delivers.
You will have demonstrable experience of the following:
- Data Modelling techniques (data mart, data warehouse, data vault, data lake, data lakehouse (delta lake))
- Design & engineer solutions involving virtual private clouds (VPC), compute instances, storage, load balancers and security within Azure (AWS/GCP)
- Experience with TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Automated Testing for DataOps solution delivery
- Experience developing, deploying and trouble-shooting data applications in Microsoft Azure (AWS/GCP)
- Agile and Lean working principles
This role will be based from our client’s offices in Reading, with additional mix of home working and some travel to client site
A package up to £80,000 is on offer to the right candidate.