Our client seeks a DevOps Engineer to work closely with their R&D team to understand their challenges and craft solutions relating to CI/CD pipelines, tooling needs, systems development, and infrastructure.
As the R&D DevOps Engineer you will be passionate about systems, tools, automation and designing solutions that enable and empower R&D teams. Your experience will be relied upon to build, test and deploy software and development processes. They currently produce software solutions for use on premises and are actively developing their next generation SaaS platform.
This is an exciting role where you will be responsible for design, ownership and implementation of R&D tools and DevOps strategies and roadmaps. You will work closely with the Software Management team for guidance, support and strategic alignment, and will support their journey to adopt an DevOps culture.
You will also:
- Mature existing systems, CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure.
- Own specific R&D systems and tools, including administrative, maintenance and monitoring functions, ensuring availability and stability.
- Evaluate and implement new systems and tools to improve the SDLC and ways of working.
- Work with IT and Global Cloud Services teams to leverage and implement Cloud services and solutions in Azure.
- Automate the provision and deployment process of applications as part of the pipeline, including Infrastructure as Code.
- Develop automation routines to streamline processes, preferably in .NET and PowerShell.
- Manage private-cloud hypervisor environment and infrastructure.
Candidates will have previous experience using/supporting a range of DevOps tools and platforms. Solving problems and identifying tools that fit the job. You should also have experience in Azure including Azure DevOps, familiar working with Agile teams, a passion for automation and IaC plus strong experience with containerisation and deployment technologies, for example: Azure Containers, Docker, Kubernetes, Octopus, AWS CloudFormation, Amazon ECS, etc.
Candidates will also have experience using Configuration Management tools such as Pulumi, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Vagrant, etc., know how to install and configure Windows/Linux VMs/images and a good working knowledge of .NET.
Atlassian Stack is utilised to underpin SDLC, therefore Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Bamboo experience is a bonus.
On offer is a salary of up to £50,000 depending on experience. You will be joining a friendly, supportive, and collaborative environment where you get the flexibility to work remotely or from their newly built offices in Olney near Milton Keynes.